Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy 10th Birthday Jayme!

"Jaym-Jaym", "Giggles", "Jollylegs", and most recently "Pipsqueak" (I called her that from stage during our last concert, and people afterwards kept coming up and calling her "Pipsqueak"!)...all these nicknames describe our little Christmas joy, Jayme.  We celebrated her 10th birthday on December 22nd, and now she goes around exclaiming, "I'm a decade old!"  :)  She had been counting down the days to her birthday for several months (yes, really!), and was so excited when the day finally arrived.  Jayme was doubly excited when Grandpa Pete and cousin Noah were able to spend the day as well.

Jayme - December 22nd, 2011
Jayme
Joyful (mostly!)
Amicable
Youthful
Musical
Excitable

Our little fiddler - December 20th, 2011
Jayme chose Psalm 62 as her psalm for the day:


For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
How long will all of you attack a man
to batter him,
like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.
They take pleasure in falsehood.
They bless with their mouths,
but inwardly they curse. Selah
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah
Those of low estate are but a breath;
those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
they are together lighter than a breath.
Put no trust in extortion;
set no vain hopes on robbery;
if riches increase, set not your heart on them.
Once God has spoken;
twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.
For you will render to a man
according to his work.

Happy Birthday Jaym-Jaym - we love you dearly!

Blessings and Joy in the Journey!
Taylor for TGF


3 comments:

Daniel J. Mount said...

I really, really like the almost-silhouette second picture. No, it's not just because of the snow in the background, something I haven't seen for way too long, but that is admittedly a nice plus! :)

Jayme - kindly permit the old folks to reminisce about antiquated technologies here for a minute. :) This is the sort of thing that, back in the day, would have been perfect for a picture frame! :)

The Garms Family said...

Daniel,

I'm glad you like that picture! :lol:

I'm surprised you haven't seen snow for a long time! We just had not even a centimeter of snow last night!

I agree, it does look like a good picture to frame... but I have to admit, I did not think of that before you said it.

Blessings,
Jayme

Daniel J. Mount said...

Jayme,

Sorry I didn't see this for days. I don't have any automatic RSS updates for the comments here, so I only see comments when I check the site directly.

I haven't seen any snow since last winter! There's still not been a sticking flake here all winter so far!

Daniel