Friday, February 25, 2011

Tickle My Funny Bone: Early Mornings and Bad Dates

We love to laugh as a family! The kitchen is usually a center for laugh and silly randomness (sometimes, though, it gets a little out of hand!), and in our family, laughter is as contagious as a cold. :) So, I thought I might share the joy a bit.

First, here is a solemn warning to any music group who does not confirm a booked concert before arriving at the venue:

Looks like the last group who sang here ended with a barn burner and forgot to put the fire out! :)

Actually, this was after one of our very first concerts (no, we did not start a fire). While driving to the church, we had noticed a burned-out bar (hmm, shows the result of such places, right?) on the corner and had an idea. When we started toward home later, we pulled over and grabbed a couple of instruments. Ben placed the camera on a pile of equipment (we're always leaving the tripod at home when we need it most), and we posed quickly, as it was a chilly November afternoon. Thus the picture above!

Next up: a few days ago, I drew a cartoon based on a supper table discussion on one of Dad's interesting mornings. (Sorry I can't get it any larger; I would say click on the picture, but I'm having difficulties right now and it's not working out!)

The scenerios are true...including the last line about seeing which chord on the piano would wake us older kids up (except in reality, Ben was involved in that scheme), I condensed several stories into one. Gives you a picture into the Garms family's always interesting household!

Hope you might have at least chuckled at this post and your day is a little bit brighter!

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bone." (Proverbs 17:22 ESV)

Blessings and Joy in the Journey!

Taylor for The Garms Family

2 comments:

Daniel J. Mount said...

I loved the punch line! :)

It reminded me of fun times I had with my siblings - like waking up a visiting friend whose first name was Israel by singing the praise song "Awake, oh Israel / put off thy slumber / and the truth shall set you free"!

The Garms Family said...

Too funny!! So did your friend ever dare to come back for a visit? ;)

T for TGF