Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy 20th Birthday Ben!

I'm stumped. What should I write about Ben? I just asked Leesha, but she just said, "I don't know" and walked away. (Some help she was!) :) Well, I guess I could write how amazing he is or how talented he is, but I think I'm going to let the rest of the family share some words for and about Ben (taken from their birthday cards)...

Caleb: "Dear Ben, WOW! 20! I can't believe it! You have been a nice big brother!" Caleb picked a Bible verse from Psalm 117:1 for Ben.

Jayme: "Ben, Thank you for being my brother. Thank you for also for playing trains with me!" Jayme signed her card "Jayme K. G. C." translated Jayme Katherine Garms Christian.

Sam: "Happy Birthday, Ben. You are 20 years old! I hope you have a really great day!"

Leesha: "Dear Ben, I can't believe you're twenty! It's been a long time in coming to this, and you still don't seem twenty. :) But it doesn't matter how old you get, because you're the greatest big brother in the world! I'm so excited for [you] and enjoy it while it lasts!" Leesha picked Ephesians 5:13 for an encouragement for Ben.

Dad and Mom: "It's unbelievable that you are now beyond the teens. What a joy you have been, watching you grow through those years. May the Lord give you blessing, vision, and strength as you follow Him into a new decade of life. We love you dearly and are so thankful for every moment with you." Dad's verse for Ben's 20th Birthday was 103:17; Mom focused on verses Psalm 119:105, Psalm 32:8, and Isaiah 30:21 concerning "paths".

Mal: "[Thank you for] everything you have done for me. Happy Birthday Ben. Your friend, Mal."
Grandpa Pete's (Mom's dad) card said: "Grandson, you're a fine, caring young man...the kind of person any grandparent would be delighted and proud to have for a grandson. Never forget how important you are to our family, how much you add to the lives of those around you, and never forget, not even for a moment, how much you are loved." Then he wrote, "Happy 20th B-day Ben. I wish you the best of day and all year thru. May God bless you in your endeavors."
Grandma Frieda's (Dad's mom) card said (and I love this one!): "Happy Birthday to a grandson who's smart, handsome, fun, kind, loving, determined, brilliant, sweet, sensitive, strong, and all together wonderful! Looks like you got the best parts of everyone in the family!"
:) Then she wrote, "Happy Birthday! Love you!"
Our home church, St. Stephen's Lutheran, sent Ben a card with Jeremiah 29:11 ("'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'") and the words, "May He continue His good work in your life. Blessings on your birthday! 'God bless you Ben!'"

I can't add what I wrote, because I didn't write anything! Let me explain: I finished my birthday card just minutes before Ben opened all his cards and presents, and was glad to stuff my hurriedly drawn card in the pile of cards. When Ben finally got to my card, he laughed, not only at my dry humor, but the blank space underneath the "Happy Birthday". I had forgotten to finish my card. I was horrified! (I promise you, Ben, I will write something! :)

Our dear "Gentle Ben" has now passed the teens and swiftly entered the amazing twenties. Not only has he grown physically (he is now 6' 3") through the years, but he has matured spiritually and is deeply rooted in his faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. Ben is very gifted and is committed to family. His big smile lights up any room. We are so grateful to have Ben as a part of our family.

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23-24

Happy Birthday Ben!
Taylor for the Family
P.S. CLICK HERE to read an interesting article that was featured in the Isanti County News this week! (I'll write more about it later)

No comments: