Monday, November 15, 2010

"Peacock", MN - November 14th, 2010

Good Afternoon!

Where has the day gone? After arriving home at 2:00 a.m. last night (or last morning?), most of us slept in and are still pretty groggy.

We had a wonderful concert at "Peacock"/Pennock, MN. Caleb kept thinking it was "Peacock" instead of Pennock, so hence the new name for the small town in southwest Minnesota. :)
Don and Donna Friedlein were so gracious to us and we enjoyed sharing our ministry and music with Salem Covenant Church. Our good friends, the Haining family, came to the concert-what a joy to see them again!-and we had a great time fellowshipping with them. (Oh yes, I finally learned what a "threek" is, what hot rollers are, and that cows drink water, not milk. :] Thanks Ruthie, Pearl, and Gracie!)
Picture memories:

Sammy, looking like he was caught in a tornado! (Don't worry, he actually wasn't.)
Leesha, Jayme, and Caleb setting up instrument stands.

"Caleb, I think that guitar is a little too big for you."
Salem Covenant's sanctuary.

Yum! Lasagna-one of our favorites! The ladies of the church provided this delicious meal before the concert, and boy, was it good!


Can you tell it's one of Jayme's favorite meals? (She has requested lasagna for her birthday meal.)

Ooo, don't they look scarey! Ben and Sam in the shadows.

Ben, Leesha, and I performing Ben's original instrumental, "Summer's End" during the offering. (Thanks Dad for snapping this picture!)

Jayme took this quick picture of Caleb singing his solo, "I'm Feeling Fine". Though it's slightly blurry, I couldn't resist sharing it. ;)

Well, our concert at Pennock was the beginning of six concerts ahead of us for the rest of November. Check our schedule to see all the new dates. God has amazingly provided many concerts for us for this year and even into 2011. We are so grateful for the ministry opportunities He has given to us! Jehovah-Jireh.

Blessings and Joy in the Journey!

Taylor for the Garms Crew

1 comment:

Daniel J. Mount said...

Jayme - lasagna is my favorite, too.

I love that picture of Caleb! If it was just vertical instead of horizontal, I think I might have added it to my rotating desktop backgrounds folder. (That's a neat feature in Windows 7 - I can set it to rotate, so I can put all sorts of pictures of friends and family in. I decided to flip through the website this evening and find a couple of your family to drop into the mix!)